Add login to Favorites List - or not

southernforge
southernforge
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi good folks at AgileBits, Good Morning!

I just noticed an interesting disparity between 1P6 Beta for Windows, and my data at 1Password.com.

It seems I cannot mark login items as "Favorites" in the application (though I could in ver 4), yet I can easily do so online.

I saw this thread about the topic from over a month ago - has there been progress towards restoring this feature, or am I missing how to use it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @southernforge,

Thanks for writing in. There's no progress on this yet, we will implement the ability to favorite an item soon but for now, you have to use the web app to do this.

• southernforge
    southernforge
    Community Member

Okay @MikeT, thanks for the update. Can you say publicly why this functionality is not yet in the Windows version? I'm just curious, is all.

• Hi @southernforge,

1Password 6 is a new codebase or rather it was born in the Spring of 2016 and it is going to take a while to compress the 6+ years of work that 1Password 4 had with all of its features into this new app. We're prioritizing based on what the users are asking for with our resources as well, meaning we can't do everything at the same time, some features depend on others to be completed first.

For favorites, it also has a dependency issue of where we need to complete our item editor first. The work we've done for 1Password 6.2's new item editor will make it easier for us to add more features such as Favorites, Related Items, and more coming soon.

• southernforge
    southernforge
    Community Member

@MikeT - thank you for the explanation - much appreciated. Building a robust infrastructure should indeed precede an attractive GUI... And seeing now more of what the thinking has been makes this all "make sense."

• Hi @southernforge,

I'm glad it helps and thanks for understanding. If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.