Purchasing Windows version

I'm a long time customer and I have purchased the Mac version few years ago.
Now I have bought a Windows PC and need the Windows version but could find only the 64,99$ app.
Is there any other option?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khadkhad Social Choreographer

Team Member

Hi @glorenzini,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I looked in our system, and it appears you already have a 1Password for Windows standalone license. I resent it, so it should already be in your inbox if you are reading this. It should work with 1Password 4 for Windows (the standalone license version) on the downloads page:

1Password 6 for Windows doesn't have full support for local vaults (the kind you create with a standalone license). It's designed to work with 1Password account subscriptions. Learn more about the difference between a 1Password.com account and standalone license.

I hope that helps. Let me know! :)

• Thank you Khad, I completely forgot that I purchased also the Windows versione in the past.
    And thanks for the brief explanation about the new licensing.
    Kind regards

• Hi Khad, I get back to you again just to ask if it's possible to use 1Password 4 for Windows with a vault placed on Dropbox and synced with few other Macs.
    Thank you

• khadkhad Social Choreographer

Team Member

@glorenzini,

Yep, you can definitely do that. Learn more about how to sync 1Password with Dropbox.

If you want easier sharing (and much more), you can always upgrade to a 1Password account, but the choice is up to you.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with. If I don't hear from you sooner, have a fantastic holiday! :)

• Hi Khad, sorry for taking your time, but when I put the license key it says that the key is not valid.

• DanielPDanielP

Team Member

Hey @glorenzini

The license I can partially see in your screenshot looks different from the one I see in our systems under your name. If you are entering a different one in the license box, it would explain that popup message. I have just resent your license information to your email address, please make sure to copy the 1Password for Windows license from that message and paste it there ;)

Did it work?

Saluti dall'Italia ;)

• edited December 2016

Hi Daniel, I received your email and pasted the correct key but it still displays the same message.
    Just to be clear, I've tried with the key ending with AWP.
    Any suggestion?

• DanielPDanielP

Team Member

Hey @glorenzini

Correct, that's the license I also see. I think I found out what's going on though. I have just run a test on your license and it looks like you indeed need to upgrade it if you want to use it on 1Password 4 for Windows. Your license is from a few years back so it is likely this is why you are receiving that prompt.

The good news is that, because you already have a valid license for 1Password for Mac, you are eligible for a discount if you decide to upgrade ;) Simply paste you license key here to see your discounted upgrade price.

At this point, you could either upgrade this single license or, as Khad mentioned, transfer to a 1Password.com account to get all the apps included if you don't want to keep managing multiple licenses.

If you have any questions, just shoot ;)

This discussion has been closed.