Multiple Extensions Appearing in Safari for Mac

Options
PeterNorman
PeterNorman
Community Member

Hello!

I regularly see multiple copies of the 1Password extension in the toolbar of Safari for Mac (see attached screenshot). I have no idea whats causing it to happen though I suspect its a bug in Safari but I have no evidence to prove it, only experience of a toolbar-related bug in Sierra's Safari (extra space introduced between Favs when a new Fav is dragged from the address bar).

• I can drag the extra copies out of the toolbar while holding down the Command key
  • I Googled various ways of stating the problem and also searched the AgileBits Support Forums but had no luck
  • I'm still syncing my 1Password database via Dropbox despite signing up for the '1Password Account' back in August!
  • 1Password appears to be working properly despite the multiple extensions

The only other two extensions installed in Safari are:

• Javascript Blacklist 1.01
  • Clip to DevonThink 1.2.6

Software versions:
Safari: 10.0.2 (12602.3.12.0.1)
MacOS: 10.12.2
1Password: 6.5.2 (652002) Mac App Store Edition
1Password Extension: 4.6.2

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?

Many thanks!
Peter

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PeterNorman: I haven't had that happen with 1Password, but other extensions. And Safari is pretty notorious for ending up with a corrupt extension database, which can cause this and other issues. You can clean this up manually if restarting doesn't help:

1. Open a Finder window and use the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘G (Shift Command G) to open a Go to folder window.
    2. Use the following location: ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.Extensions.plist and click the Go button.
    3. Drag the highlighted file to the Trash.
    4. Launch Keychain Access which you can find in /Applications/Utilities/ or using a Spotlight search.
    5. Search for safari and right-click on Safari Extensions List and select the Delete "Safari Extensions List" option.
    6. In Finder go to the following folder (using the same method as detailed in step 1) to go to ~/Library/Safari/
    7. Drag the entire Extensions folder to the Trash
    8. Then restart you Mac and Safari, which will recreate the folder and hopefully sort out any permissions issues as well

If you're still having trouble though, or you may need to contact Apple directly for assistance. Let me know if that helps!

• PeterNorman
    PeterNorman
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty,

That worked perfectly! I appreciate your quick holiday-weekend reply! You rock THE MOST!

I'm glad to have these instructions filed away just in case it happens again.

Thank-you VERY much!

All the best!
    Peter

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know, and for the kind words. You're totally welcome! I'm glad that helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Happy holidays! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.