To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Zero-Knowledge and Subscriptions?

mbt1
mbt1
Community Member

One of the main selling points of 1P over other solutions was the true zero-knowledge (0K) implementation. Because everything happened on my machine, you truly had no knowledge.

Now you are offering your own cloud sync solution and web-interface access as well as two-factor authentication (2F). The fact that you see the need to implement 2F tells me that true 0K is not in place anymore; the web-interface suggests the same. However, you are still talking about 0K in your writings.

Please elaborate how you are protecting my data when using your cloud sync solution. I am looking for technical details (I have a degree in cryptology) and not some marketing speak.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:zero knowledge

Comments

• Hi @mbt1,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this question. This guide should help:

About the 1Password security model

Since you're looking for technical details you'll definitely want to review the 1Password Security Design White Paper which is the last link at the bottom of that page.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.