Still no browser extension for Family on PC? The entire family version is basically pointless now

Options
abda53
abda53
Community Member

If you have no plans on releasing a browser extension - or your developers are incapable of doing so... then just announce it and kill the family version. It's completely pointless in having a version of your program that is pointless in storing secure passwords. I have a paid standalone license for the program and it's great - because it has working extensions for browsers.. but the family version.. completely useless. And yes, I've googled and searched.. and people have been asking for this for almost a year now. So my question is... w t f. why are you charging a recurring fee for this? You should just charge a lump $10 and be done with it.. because without a browser extension, that's about as much as it's worth. I have no idea why you would even release it without this feature. And you charge an on-going fee for it? That's called highway robbery.

• Very Disappointed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Still no browser extensions for Family on Windows??

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

@abda53: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You can install the 1Password browser extensions from our site and use them with the 1Password desktop apps. Can you tell me more about where you're running into trouble? Thanks in advance!

• abda53
    abda53
    Community Member
    Options

Does it work with the family account?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@abda53,

Yep.

1Password Families requires 1Password 6 for Windows. 1Password 6 for Windows works with all the browser extensions: Chrome, Firefox, etc.

Learn more about saving, filling, and changing your passwords.

If you're having trouble, could you let me know where you're getting stuck?

This discussion has been closed.