Requesting update to: "Add email as attachment [An issue with Apple Mail, not with 1Password]"

Bern Shanfield
Bern Shanfield
Community Member

Has the inability to directly drag Apple Mail into 1PW changed with macOS 10.12?

1Password Version: 6.5.2 Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os X 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Bern Shanfield: Are you referring to this old Mac beta discussion? It appears to be working for me on Sierra, but I may be misunderstanding something here. So far the details in your comments and the other are pretty sparse. Let me know! :)

• Bern Shanfield
    Bern Shanfield
    Community Member

Hi Brenty

Yes that old discussion. When I drag an email from Apple Mail into the "Drag and drop here or choose file" area the email will not attach. I have to drag the email to the desktop and then drag it from the desktop and on the "Drag and drop here or choose file" area for email to attach. Just a small few extra steps but nice to cut them out if possible.

For example I just tried to add the AgileBits Forum email mail I got alerting me that you responded to this post and I got the following error message that happens each time I try to attach an email directly from Apple Mail:

Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bern Shanfield,

Hmm, that's strange - like Brenty, it works correctly for me when I try the same thing. I'm also using macOS Sierra 10.12.2, and I've tried with both the AgileBits Store and Mac App Store versions of the app. However, I used version 6.5.3 to test this, and it looks like you're using version 6.5.2. Can you please install the latest update to see if it makes a difference? If you're using the Mac App Store version, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section, and it should give you the option to install the 6.5.3 update.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Bern Shanfield
    Bern Shanfield
    Community Member

Hi Drew

6.5.3 Mac App Store version is the same. This has been going on for as long as I can remember and I've been using 1PW for years. ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Bern Shanfield: I'm just not having this issue at all and can't recall it happening. Frankly, it sounds like it may be something specific to your machine, and error is definitely coming from Mail. I wonder if its database is just damaged, since this only seems to happen to some folks and doesn't affect other clients. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. :(

• Bern Shanfield
    Bern Shanfield
    Community Member

Ok, thanks for taking the time to consider this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time. We're here if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.