Just updated from 1password 3 to 1Password 4 -- now I can't edit items or see the details pane.

Tadd Peake
Tadd Peake
Community Member

Hi. Just updated from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 (purchased a license for 4 in 2013 from Agilbits ... it's a long story). Now in 1Password 4 I can't edit items or see item details.

On the left is a pane with all items, favorites, and categories. In the middle pane is the list of items. The right pane is blank except for a ghosted 1Password logo, even with an item selected.

"Edit," "Duplicate," and "Copy Password" are grayed out in the "Item" menu.

I've restarted twice, and reinstalled 1password mini.

From 1password mini, I can choose the "Edit" from the popup of an item, which opens 1Password 4, but doesn't allow me to see any detail or edit the item.

I can still open 1Password 3 manually from the Applications folder and all is well.

In 1Password 3, there is a set of icons at the top of the window to choose layouts (the small list is my preferred view), but not in 4.

In 4, I can adjust all three pane widths.

Ideas? Thank you.

1Password Version: 1Password 4 Version 4.4.3 (443000) Agile Web Store
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password 4

Comments

• Tadd Peake
    Tadd Peake
    Community Member

Solved: updated to 1password 5

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Tadd Peake,

That's great news, I'm happy to hear installing an update solved the problem!

Out of curiosity, is there any reason you updated to version 5 instead of version 6? If you have a license for 1Password 4, the upgrades to 5 and 6 are free. If you're using the AgileBits Store version, just open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Check for Updates in the menubar - it should find the latest update (currently version 6.5.3) and give you the option to install it.

You should be all set, but if you have more questions or run into any trouble, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

• Tadd Peake
    Tadd Peake
    Community Member

Thanks, Drew. I've been in the "if it ain't broke" mode for a while, but I will certainly look at 6 as soon as I have a moment. Keep up the good work.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

No problem! When you get the chance, I definitely recommend updating to version 6 as that includes a lot of improvements (think of it as an update, not a whole new version). But it's no problem as long as it's working correctly for you now, and eventually the app will probably let you know an update is available.

We're here for you if you need any help. Happy New Year! :)

This discussion has been closed.