how to transfer from 1p4 to 1p6?

Hello, when i know there is 1passwords6 for win feel quite happy. So I immediately to the site to download, but I found the software installed. what? . Desktop does not have an icon? How do I start the program? So I had to follow the installation path to find the software. I try to use 1p6 open my password library, but after opening which is a blank, nothing at all. In the end how to transfer from 1p4 to 1p6? Please also tell me, thank you.

1Password Version: 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @TequilaVic,

Thank you for reaching out! :)

In order to use 1Password 6 for Windows you will need a 1Password account, since 1Password 6 supports local vaults in read-only mode at the moment.

Once you create one, please follow the guide on our website on how you can migrate your data.

If you are not interested in 1Password account and want to continue using a local vault, it is safe to stick with 1Password 4 for the time being. We have plans to bring full support for local vaults to 1Password 6, but I don't have any dates for you.

I hope it helps and clarifies the situation. If it doesn't, please let us know.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Cheers,
    Greg

• TequilaVic
    TequilaVic
    Community Member

Hello @Greg

Thanks for the answer. :)

So I still continue to use 1p4, looking forward to 1p6 can use the arrival of the day.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Cheers,

TequilaVic

• Hi @TequilaVic,

On behalf of Greg, you're welcome. Yep, that's the solid plan, wait for us to finish 1Password 6 for everyone.

On behalf of the team here, Happy New Year to you and your family (and everyone reading here).

This discussion has been closed.