Why won't 1P Mini open site in current browser?

rlf
rlf
Community Member

I'm using 1Password v. 6.5.3 on macOS Sierra. My default browser is Chrome but I often use Firefox. The biggest complaint I have about 1P is that when I use 1P Mini to log in to a website, it always opens the website in Chrome, even if I have Firefox open and FF is the active browser (in other words, I've clicked somewhere in the FF browser window). How do I make 1P Mini log me in to a site in FF instead of Chrome when I have FF open and it's the active browser? I don't see a Preference that addresses this. Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rlf

Thank you for taking some time to contact us. If you open something from 1Password mini on your menu bar then it will open on the default browser, however if you're already using Firefox and active there the most simple way to solve this is to install the browser extension in Firefox and open the site directly from there. The process is the same and 1Password will open a new tab within the browser, so you only need to click in 1Password just a bit lower ;)

Please let me know if you try this word around and if it works well for you!

This discussion has been closed.