I am logged into 1Password and when I try to activate the Touch ID and give Master Password FAIL

kofs79
kofs79
Community Member

I have 6.5.3(653001) installed on macOS Serra. I have just added this to a new Mac and imported my vaults. Thats all working. When I try to enable the Touch ID Unlock it asks for the MasterPassword-> I enter this just the same as I did to unlock my vault. It FAILS every time??? I'm lost and do not have any idea where to go from here.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I am logged into 1Password and when I try to activate the Touch ID and give Master Password FAIL

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kofs79

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble enabling Touch ID for 1Password! Could you please tell us exactly what the error message says, or even better, show us a screenshot? This will help us have a more accurate idea of what might be going on here :)

I hope to hear back from you soon so you can be all set up!

• kofs79
    kofs79
    Community Member

This is a shot of my trying to enable the
    Touch ID. I have already logged in and then am trying to enable this feature. It just shakes like it is the incorrect password. I know it is the right password because I unlock the app every 5 minutes with it.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kofs79

Thanks for the details, that's an interesting issue you've found. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report so we can take a more detailed look into your configuration and get a better idea of what might be causing this? :chuffed:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• JohnNguyen
    JohnNguyen
    Community Member

I have the exact same problem. I know that I had activated the touch ID feature before and it was working. But after some time, the Touch ID stopped working. This may be due to the time limit and having to re-enter the password periodically. However, when trying to re-activate Touch ID again, it does not work as @kofs79 has reported.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JohnNguyen,

Sorry to hear you're also having trouble using Touch ID on your Mac with 1Password! If I understand, this was previously working in 1Password, but at some point the Touch ID option in 1Password > Preferences became disabled?

Also, can you please let us know some more details about your setup:

• What exact version of macOS are you running on your Mac?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • Aside from 1Password, is Touch ID working correctly on your Mac?
    • Just to confirm, you can unlock 1Password with your master password, but when you enter that same master password to enable the Touch ID option, the window shakes and won't accept it?
    • Does it make any difference if you reboot your Mac and try again?

Thanks!

• JohnNguyen
    JohnNguyen
    Community Member

Hi, I am using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2 and 1Password for families downloaded from your website version 6.5.3. TouchID is working correctly on my Mac. I can unlock 1Password with my password but cannot enable Touch ID option. I have not tried to reboot and retry. I tried to enable the Touch ID option today and it appears to have worked. I will continue to experiment with this to see if the issue recurs.

As a side note, please allow Touch ID option for indefinite period of time besides the 2 weeks max that it is now.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's good news, I'm glad to hear you were able to re-enable Touch ID in 1Password! Hopefully it continues to work now, but if that option becomes disabled again, and if it won't accept your master password when you try to re-enable it, please reboot your Mac and try again. We're here for you if the problem returns and you need more help! :)

This discussion has been closed.