To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

The (30 day free) Account Key I was given will not give me Windows app functionality/sign in

eric_harris
eric_harris
Community Member

I started with the iPhone 1Password app - fine. I sync'd it to DropBox. Then downloaded the Windows app (6). Will sync only 'to' the Windows app. No functionality at all. Can't enter or change anything. Attempt to use the info on the "Emergency Kit" to "sign in' to 1Passport => won't be accepted. I tried re-installing but that made no difference. I did not re-download the app b/c I'm not sure how complicated that gets with multiple downloads while using the same email. Maybe I don't actually have a 1Password "Account" at all. The sign-in address on the Emergency Kit just says "https://my.1password.com"... I did however go through all the steps leading to getting an Account Key... the app though won't let me sign in with the info I was given in the Kit, and I only get the non-changeable vault info by logging in to DropBox. If I could just start over and purchase the license, I would be glad to; if it will work.

1Password Version: iOS v.6.5.1 Win v.6.2.333d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2 Window 10.0.14393.
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• eric_harris
    eric_harris
    Community Member

OK. so I figured it out. On the iOS app I had to "add" an account. (Who knew?) Then there was no "sync" icon/selection... So I decided to purchase the account subscription; and 'then' it actually activated the 30 day trial (with a financial agreement up front for ongoing payments - not a problem, but who knew?). Then, interestingly, although this is a "Personal" subscription, there is still no 'synch' selection... but lo and behold, changes on either the iPhone or the Windows app cross-populate, just like with the Family subscription.... Don't understand it, but this is great! working like a dream. And I will backup now to my iTunes, just in case.
    Somewhat convoluted process, but I am more than happy with the functionality and ease of the product.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, indeed. Sorry for the confusion there! That's the only way to subscribe to 1Password.com through the App Store's in-app subscription system from 1Password for iOS itself. We don't have a lot of flexibility there, but it's something we'll continue to work to improve. Thanks so much for your feedback! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.