How to update from 1password 6 Beta for a MAC to $64.99 version.

I had downloaded and begun to install 1password 6 for a MAC. I have created master password. I now wish purchase the $64.99 version. Can i just this use version once it is installed ?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I had downloaded and begun to install 1password 6 for a MAC. I have created a master password. I now wish to purchase the $64.99 version. Can i just install this version once i purchase it?

Comments

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @galexiou,

I think there might be some confusion going on here. Where did you download and install 1Password 6 from? We sell 1Password for Mac via the Mac App Store and as a direct purchase from our website, so it would help to know which one you're working with as they put their data in different locations.

Rudy

• Hi Rudy. While i saw the the program on Mac Apple store, i was never able to download it (still cant). So i went to the internet and downloaded 1password 6 (for which i created a password), but i also have downloaded 6.5.3 off the internet but have not created a password for that version.
    I want to start again, ideally by deleting the downloads i have and purchasing the latest $64.99 version. How can i do that?
    Thanks

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

@galexiou,

1Password 6 and 1Password 6.5.3 are the same thing as far as this discussion is concerned. They would use the same data folders and are essentially the same program. 6.5.3 is a newer version of 6.0.0. It is available for purchase from both the Mac App Store and directly from our website at https://agilebits.com/store

Rudy

• I have now purchased and installed iPassword, and have successfully stored passwords for 2 websites. However, for other websites that i have stored passwords for (both financial institutions), i get the following messages when i try to open the websites within 1 Password:

"Configuration Option Not Supported"

"Sign in to Online Banking
    Invalid application state. Please contact customer support".

I have no problem directly accessing the websites, ie, bypassing 1Password.

Can you help me. George

• ag_kevinag_kevin Junior Member

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @galexiou,

It sounds like the website URL you have in 1Password is not correct. Those error messages sound like errors from your banking site, not with 1Password. That can happen when you go to the wrong page without being already signing in.

Go to the login page for your bank, and copy the URL. Now open 1Password, edit the login item for that banking site, and paste the URL into the website field, overwriting the existing one.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Doesn't work with either of the 2 institutions I have tried.

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member
    edited January 26

Hi @galexiou,

Can you open those websites in a browser and with the login form visible, attempt to fill, then click on the Gear button in 1Password mini and select "Report website issue"?

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.