No network connectivity with Proxy Auto Configuration (PAC) file

Options

Hello,

I've just started using 1Password and really like it. Just one issue I've encountered. My company-issued Windows 7 PC uses a Proxy Auto Configuration (PAC) file to configure the system proxy settings for our corporate HTTP(S) proxy server. Web browsers like IE and Chrome are able to successfully detect the system proxy settings and are working fine, but 1Password has no network connectivity through the proxy (unable to sync or check for updates). When I use the same PC at home (with no proxy), it works fine. Is PAC support planned for 1Password? Seems like a key feature for enterprise users.

If it matters, the netsh winhttp show proxy Windows command incorrectly shows that I'm directly connected (with no proxy), so if 1Password is using this to determine whether a proxy is present, it is not reliable (at least not in my case). I'm not sure how other software like e.g. Chrome detects the proxy, but that is working fine.

Thanks,
cinergi

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @cinergi,

Thanks for writing in. At the moment, 1Password 6 does not support PAC files. It pulls the information it needs from the Windows's WinHTTP library, which is telling it that it has a direct connection, not through a server listed somewhere in the PAC file.

We'd like to add support for it in a future update but we don't have at timeframe at the moment.

• iNeusch
    iNeusch
    Community Member
    Options

Hello
    Any news about this ?
    My company uses Zscaler to connect and I can't sync to 1password :/
    Thanks

• Hi @iNeusch,

No news, we've tried processing PAC files a few weeks ago but it didn't work well.

Can you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with your forum username and link to this thread, we'd like you to try something for us.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iNeusch: Just wanted to let you know that I've found your email on our side. We will be in touch shortly. Thank you!

ref: JUL-28375-966

• iNeusch
    iNeusch
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT email sent !
    @Greg ok thanks :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iNeusch: :+1: