Form fills never work anymore

Options

I don't know what happened, but the form fills no longer fill anything at all. It started a couple weeks ago, and it hasn't worked since.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.3.b1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @burn123,

Thank you for taking time to contact us! :+1:

First of all, could you please specify what happens when you click on 1Password extension button in your browser? Do you see any errors? Please try opening the main 1Password program and go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper, then restart your browser. Does it help?

Also, please share what browser you are using, where 1Password doesn't fill forms. Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Restarting the 1password helper doesn't do anything, but password filling still works, just when I try to use form fills does it not work. I'm using Firefox 50.1, and I've tested that it doesn't work on Chrome 55.0.2883.87

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@burn123: That's really odd. It's been working here. Can you tell me which version of Windows you're using? Also, do you have "security" software or other extensions which may be interfering with 1Password connecting to the browser? Let me know what you find!

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using windows 10 beta version 14986, and using windows defender, but I don't think that is interfering

• Hi @burn123,

Can you reproduce the issue and then generate the 1Password diagnostics report after that, so we can see what's happening. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    Options

I can't seem to be able to generate the report, clicking on "Export to File" does nothing, and I already looked in the program files

• Hi @burn123,

That tells me there is a systemic issue, not just a form filling issue.

Can you do the following:

1. Open Windows File Explorer, type %TEMP% in the address bar, and press Enter
    2. In 1Password, generate the report using the Help menu and then look for any files in the Windows Explorer window starting with "1Password"
    3. If you don't see a 1Password.zip file there, select the 1Password files you see, right-click to compress them, and attach the .zip file when you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com.

Note: If you don't see anything in the %TEMP% directory, try entering %APPDATA%/EurekaLog/1Password in Windows File Explorer and you may see a 1Password.elf file. If you do, send that file to us.

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I sent the email. By systemic issue, do you mean that there is a problem with my specific machine?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@burn123: Indeed, something in your system is preventing even the diagnostics from being completed, which is why it was necessary to follow the manual steps Mike suggested. I'll reply via email momentarily, so we can continue the conversation there.

ref: IAQ-66682-766

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    Options

That's interesting, because I recently had to do a clean install of windows, so I'm not sure what the problem would be

• That is weird. We'll look at your diagnostics report and reply to your email as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.