Won't Fill in Logins

Hi: The new 1Password for the Mac Firefox extension is not filling in some logins anymore. If the name and passwords fields are an embedded part of wage, it works with no problem. But if the page makes a slide down sheet or a floating window (like THIS forum does!) it will not enter that data. I literally have to copy and paste the data in from the main 1password program. Is this a bug, a new 'feature', or something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, ScooterNash! I am not having any trouble with my Login for this forum, but I am sorry to hear that you are. Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

If you are still having trouble, please let me know what version of 1Password and the Firefox extension you are using.

There is a known issue with HTTP Authentication prompts which this forum doesn't use, but they do present as a very specific kind of "slide down sheet". You can read about the issue along with screenshots in the User Guide. Does that apply to some other sites you are having trouble with?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • ScooterNash
    ScooterNash
    Community Member
    Thanks Khad

Actually it's not a saving problem, it's a filling in problem. This website, for example. I log out, I hit log in and it opens a sheet (Or whatever it's called now. Apple used to call them sheets) So the log in is not embedded in the actual webpage, but floating over it. The old plugin just handled that somehow. The sheet came down with the data already filled in. But the new once doesn't. Moreover, since the plug in is attached to the page and the log in a sheet (that is, a page w/o a place for the plugin to show up) I have no way of just hitting the link and auto-pasting. Any ideas?
  • Same problem here!
  • geonlaine
    geonlaine
    Community Member
    I absolutely hate the new extensions and wish I could go back to the old way where the Safari 1P would fill in the logins. Now having to unlock it each time is a pain and of course it says no login for this site when there is a login saved in the application. Retrograde step as far as i'm concerned and wish I could go back to the old way. Have upgraded to Lion and even that is flakey . Not happy Agile

• Hi: The new 1Password for the Mac Firefox extension is not filling in some logins anymore. If the name and passwords fields are an embedded part of wage, it works with no problem. But if the page makes a slide down sheet or a floating window (like THIS forum does!) it will not enter that data. I literally have to copy and paste the data in from the main 1password program. Is this a bug, a new 'feature', or something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.

geonlaine wrote:

I absolutely hate the new extensions and wish I could go back to the old way where the Safari 1P would fill in the logins. Now having to unlock it each time is a pain and of course it says no login for this site when there is a login saved in the application. Retrograde step as far as i'm concerned and wish I could go back to the old way. Have upgraded to Lion and even that is flakey . Not happy Agile

I'm having the exact same problem. Sometimes it works, most times it does not. This is a real problem that several of my colleagues are experiencing as well. I hope the new (and not really all that great) FF6 extension gets fixed pretty soon, as this is causing me a lot of extra work each day.

Have a nice day
  • defa
    edited August 2011
    I also can confirm this problem. It actually renders the current 1Password extension for Firefox 6 under OS X pretty useless.

Although I can understand that you have limited possibilities if the browser API won't let you access http auth, the behavior of the plugin breaks the auth dialog (I have to close the and cancel the auth request to proceed), so that even copy and paste is not a solution.
This discussion has been closed.