Hey, Dave and all, Happy New Years. Is there any way to get 1P to work with a VPN?

Options
speedyite
speedyite
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Lounge

Wondering if 1P works on Mac/iPhone with a VPN. In this case, Express VPN?
Thanks,
Stephen Berry

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Hey, Dave and all...Happy New Year. Is there a way to make 1Password work with a VPN?

Comments

• The Mac Utopian
    The Mac Utopian
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I use 1Password on my Mac Pro, Macbook Pro, iPad, and iPhone . . . and all four utilize ExpressVPN.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@speedyite: I'm not actually familiar with ExpressVPN, but I use at least 3 VPN services on various devices and haven't encountered any issues with 1Password as a result. Can you clarify what trouble you're having? And a happy new year to you too! We're here for you. :)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

I switch from VPN's a lot, and no issues with 1Password. And 1Password is used everyday.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The more I think about it, the only case of a VPN causing trouble is with Touch Bar Macs, since macOS uses a local IPv6 connection to communicate with what is a separate iOS device. And that's only indirectly a 1Password problem. Some VPN software has interfered with that because they're sending the local traffic out over the internet too. Now, with browser integration, "security" software and other extensions, proxy, or firewall can interfere, but that's another matter entirely. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.