adding an existing vault shared via Dropbox

Options
HalfBekend
HalfBekend
Community Member

Hi, we want to add a vault that resides in Dropbox, however we cannot find how to do that, not in 1 Password itself and not on the website. 1Password is already hooked up to a family account.

Actually, the option "New vault" is greyed out, but this option will create a vault and we are looking to add an existing vault.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HalfBekend! In most cases users with 1Password account don't need access to other sync methods, which is why creating vaulöts outside accounts is disabled by default. You can, however, allow this by activating the option to Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts in Preferences > Advanced. Activating this option will show a prompt to set a Master Password for the new Primary vault that's automatically created. You can then set up Dropbox sync for this local vault via the Sync settings in Preferences.

If you need a refresher on how to set up Dropbox sync, there's a knowledge base article available.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else. I’ll be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.