Tried opening Dropbox on iPad Air 2 and got key file missing for 1PasswordAnywhere. Need a solution!

Options
janesprando
janesprando
Community Member

I have a new iPad Air 2 that I used a back up of my old iPad Air 2 to Restore. All was working well until today. Today I tried to open Dropbox and got this message: "A key data file could not be loaded and is needed for 1PasswordAnywhere." I have a paid receipt for 1password 4 and 5 from 2015. I am using 1Password 6 on my iMac and MacBook Pro. Yet I can't find any info that I do have an account to enter the info required. How can I fix this so I can use Dropbox and 1password on my iPad?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Dropbox won't open 1passwordAnywhere

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @janesprando

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Please install 1Password 6 for iOS from the iTunes App Store:

http://j.mp/1PasCS

When you install you'll be prompted how you want to access your data. One of the options will be Dropbox. You do not have, and do not want to create, a 1Password account (assuming you want to continue with Dropbox).

Thanks.

Ben

• janesprando
    janesprando
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, I have 1Password installed on my iPad already. How do I find out if it is version 6?

• janesprando
    janesprando
    Community Member
    Options

I have version 6.5.1.

• Ben
    Options

Okay. And what happens when you open it? From your initial message it sounded like you were launching the Dropbox app, or going to the Dropbox website, but that isn't part of the process. You just need to launch the 1Password app and set it to sync with Dropbox.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.