To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Vault disappeared from my devices, except laptop

Options
Scrabble_THEMOVIE
Scrabble_THEMOVIE
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Memberships

Today, at work, the 1Password app on my iPhone abruptly just stopped working. Meaning, all the items just disappeared from my vault. My username/credentials are still signed in, and I can still see my vaults available, but all logins gone. After spending the day unable to access anything on my phone, got home, and everything is normal on my Macbook. But, when I sign into my.1password.com through my browser, I'm having a similar issue. The only difference there is that only 2/3 of my vaults are showing. So, this is mind-boggling since I can see my vaults/etc., so I'm clearly logged in (even more mind-boggling that my iPhone shows all 3 blank vaults, but my.1password.com shows only 2 blank vaults).

Background: When I first started using 1P, it was the trial version. Without realizing what I was doing (because the app doesn't make anything clear), I created my first vault, "Personal." Fast-forward a week, after I purchased a year subscription. I read something about creating folders in 1P. Unsurprisingly, it was not clear how to do this, and then it took me 20-30 minutes digging through this site to try and figure out how to create folders. I then read that I had to create a "Primary" vault in order to create folders (absolutely NO idea why I can't just create folders in my Personal vault, but I guess it doesn't need to make sense?) I would typically assume that there would be no reason why my "Primary" vault can only work on my computer, but after everything else, I'm thinking all bets are off?

Just to add, I just want to say: this app is EXTREMELY confusing. Considering how simple of a concept it provides (it simply stores information that you can access on all your devices), it's puzzling and frustrating how often I find myself completely lost. And I'm not computer illiterate by any means (digital native [millennial]). I'm not sure if it's because the app is just convoluted, or because there are no help messages throughout the app (many software programs will have those miniature question marks next to everything that provide explanations/instructions when you click on them. This app never provides help. 1P's Macbook Pro Touch ID functionality is the main reason I continue to try...

Can someone from 1Password please answer? My last post got no reply.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Scrabble_THEMOVIE! Thanks for reaching out to us. I've just sent you an email requesting additional information. I'll be happy to continue the conversation via email. Thanks! :)

ref: CAS-47992-325

This discussion has been closed.