AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sharing that. :)

• UnixSage
    UnixSage
    Community Member
    Options

TL;DR Add me and about a dozen coworkers to the list....

I am a new 1password user, I have heard good things and am impressed so far. My company sponsors a team account.

At any rate I too have several VPNs that I use that use the "append model" This feature would make my life easier since when I grab the password and I go back to the OTP i sometimes grab the wrong one because the view resets to the first entry. I realize this is operator error but it seems trivial to implement (I know easy for me to say) and this is a common method for 2fa to happen on systems.. I have ssh accounts that have the same requirement also.

This use case is very common for System Administrators which I realize is not your core user base BUT there are a few of us out here....

Thanks
    John

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @UnixSage. I think the primary difficulty with implementing something like this would be building the UX to support it without confusing a topic that is already foreign to many (most?) customers. It isn't something that we have the bandwidth to tackle right now, but perhaps as our development teams continue to expand we can look at some of these more niche things more closely.

Ben

• ffernandes
    ffernandes
    Community Member
    Options

Add me to the list of interested persons, too.
    I'm facing exactly that situation due to a Sophos VPN I have to use. Most people of my Team use KeePass because it is actually possible to combine a TOTP with a password prefix. So similar to UnixSage, do not only count me, but my coworkers, too.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• charlielewisme
    charlielewisme
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for auto-fill password concatenated with OTP.
    Current use case is Tunnelblick (OpenVPN), and previously I had the same situation with Cisco AnyConnect VPN.

• raphaelneumann
    raphaelneumann
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for auto-fill password concatenated with OTP.

I use it on Viscosity

So my big usage is on MAC

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for chiming in folks. :)

Ben

• pcfleischer
    pcfleischer
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

I also like this feature but for power users who use terminals a lot I can suggest using the cli, i created a function/alias which does this (for osx but should be easily done on any platform). In my case I needed it comma delimited. So if were to request the feature I'd like to request it as a new "field type" that is a string formatter of any other fields or tags "${item_password},${item_totp}" of course that opens a bunch of other potential problems, but this would make this very flexible to many other use cases.

op-clip-okta() {
        item_totp=$(op get totp name-of-item)
        item_password=$(op get item name-of-item | jq -r '.details.fields[] | select(.designation=="password").value')
        echo -n $(echo "${item_password},${item_totp}") | pbcopy
    }

• dwolbeck
    dwolbeck
    Community Member
    Options

The initial request "auto-fill password concatenated with OTP" started in 2017.
    Many people posted their reason why this feature would be useful. In the meantime, did you put this feature on your roadmap?
    Any update on this?

Thanks
    Dirk

• bubs
    bubs
    Community Member
    Options

Add me and all of my coworkers to the list of people voting for this feature. Enabling MFA on our VPN requires password + OTP concatenation. I understand UX issues could be tricky, but maybe something like either adding a checkbox to the OTP field in the Edit screen that was labeled something like "Add OTP to Password when autofilling" or even creating a separate field type for "Password + OTP" would be clear enough to users.

• Ben
    Options

Hey folks. Adding this to the GUI apps isn't something that is currently on our radar, but @pcfleischer did post a pretty neat workaround using the CLI a few posts above (thank you!). That would be the best I could recommend for the moment. We do have a feature request filed for this, but I couldn't say when or if it would be something we'd implement. If you need help getting the CLI to do this for you we do have a dedicated category for that here. Additionally, if you're a 1Password Business customer, I'd encourage you to reach out to your account manager (or business@1password.com) with this request. They may have additional tools at their disposal to help move this forward.

Ben

• swilsonnorthbrookit
    swilsonnorthbrookit
    Community Member
    Options

Add me to this list!

One of our clients uses Sophos, and we are seeing more systems like this which require password+OTP. 100% agree with @pcfleischer for a new "field type" that is a string formatter to satisfy this need.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @swilsonnorthbrookit. I don't have anything new to add since my post on the 7th, but thank you for the feedback on this. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.