I'm an admin, and I can't move items between Vaults I own via web UI on Pro

conor_lee
conor_lee
Community Member

I want to move an item into a new vault.

The link next to the star under the login name is only giving me Duplicate as an option. And duplicating it only works within that vault.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I'm an admin, and I can't move items between Vaults I own via web UI on Pro

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@conor_lee: Indeed, it sounds like you may not have the right permissions to be able to Move/Copy to another vault. Admin doesn't mean you have access to everything, as each vault can have its own permissions set. Let me know what you find!

• Hest
    Hest
    Community Member

hi, I've the same problem aside the fact that i'm not an admin. But I have access to multiple Vaults.

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Hest

Is it possible you only have read permissions to these vaults?

Daniel

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Hest: I fear I may have misunderstood @conor_lee originally. Are you using the 1Password.com web interface? If so, when viewing an item, there will be a [ ↑ ] share icon by the title. If you click this and select Move/Copy, it will give you a list of vaults you have write permissions for that you can choose from. Does that help?

• Hest
    Hest
    Community Member

@DanielP: I have at least write access to 5 other vaults.
    @brenty: I'm using the web interface or the win client. Neither of them shows me the possibility to copy/move.
    Need to check it with a Mac client. As that also gives me a chance to add attachments which I can't do with web/win
    I can't attach screenshots? The only option for [ ↑ ] I get is "Duplicate"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

@Hest: You can attach screenshots, just please take care not to post sensitive information. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

1Password.com doesn't have "attachments" though; rather, you can click the + to create a new Document item and upload a file. This works in both the desktop apps and web interface.

Also, with the web interface, you cannot copy/move items between separate accounts since you can only access one at a time. However, you can login to multiple accounts in the app to copy data between them. In the 1Password 6 Windows app specifically, you can right-click an item to select the Copy option and it will give you a list of the vaults you can send it to.

• Hest
    Hest
    Community Member

Hi brenty,
    sorry for mixing up two things in one thread. So I'm getting back to the main topic.

I don't wonna copy/move between different accounts. I have write access to multiple vaults inside of our 1password cloud account.
    Now I've found one login item which I can move/copy between vaults. see also attachment item1.jpg.
    But this doesn't work for most others. see e.g. item2.jpg

I've no clue what the differences are. They are from different vaults but I haven't created none of them.
    I've just attached images from the web client. But the same behavior is shown by the win client.

• Hi @Hest,

For the vault where you lack the "Move/copy" you're likely missing the "Share" permission on that vault. We really need to make that more obvious, cause it catches a lot of people.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.