second password and autofill in special page

Options

I have two questions.

1. some bank websites have a two stage password system, one for logging into the account, and other for approving a transaction like a transfer. How can 1password recognize the 2nd password (transaction password) to autofill?
  2. Some bank open the login page as a separate page from the safari browser. When that happens, 1password has no means of connecting to that page for autofill. How do you solve this

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:second password

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bhushan ,

Thanks for writing in, here's some answers below:

1. The solution for this is to create multiple Login items for that one banking website. So you can create one Login item for the initial login and another for the transfer approval password. If you already have a Login item for your initial login flow then you can create a Login item for your transfer password easily using the Save New Login feature. Or if you don't want to transfer money just to create a new Login item, you can just create a new Login item in the main 1Password app. Just specify the website field to be the same as the URL you see when you're on the Transfer password web form and no need to specify a username if there isn't one.

2. In popup windows you don't see the list of extensions however 1Password can still work with these - you'll just need to use a different way to use 1Password. You have two choices:

1. Right-click on the page and choose "1Password" from the context menu. That'll bring up the 1Password Mini just like it would appear if you clicked on the extension button if it was present.

2. Use the 1Password keyboard shortcut (Command + \ on a Mac and Control + \ on Windows). We have more information about 1Password's keyboard shortcuts on our support website.

I hope this helps - if you've any further questions or something doesn't makes sense don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.