To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account Keys?

Options

What the heck is an 'Account Key' and how can I get one?

I signed up using a combination of my laptop and ipad, yet cant find evidence anywhere of receiving an account key, which I require to use the service on my laptop again. I am a free trial customer but cannot find any way of converting to a subscriber.

The website is full of jargon that makes no sense unless you are an experienced user.

Help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Andrew_William! Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Account Keys are only needed for signing in if you have an account with our subscription service. I checked if you do and it doesn't seem to be the case. You seem to be using 1Password 'standalone' (For an explanation of the differences between standalone and subscription please see this article.)

If you already sync your data between your laptop and your iPad, one of these options will connect you to your existing data:

I hope this helps! :)

• Andrew_William
    Andrew_William
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks for replying and clarifying my status. I'm not sure how, but I seem to have signed in and now have the account key.

Appreciated.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Andrew_William. Thanks for the update. If you now have an account key, it means that you signed up for our subscription service in the meantime. You're a new user, so you're on a free trial period for 30 days. But after that a subscription entails a monthly/yearly fee. If that's what you wanted, that's great. From what you wrote earlier, I figure that it might not be what you wanted. Please let me know.

• Saeed
    Saeed
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am trying to signin into https://my.1password.com/signin?landingPage=/profile, and it needs the account key. I dont know my account key. So, I click on "Find your account", enter my email, and I receive all my information, including my account key. However, the account key is in form of xxxx.*********. So, what should I do ?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017
    Options

@Saeed - For your security, your Account Key is never known to us at AgileBits. This ensures that your data is safe from intruders, but it also means that we can’t reset or resend it to you.

There may still be a way to recover your Account Key though. Please refer to this article to get hints. If you printed your Emergency Kit during account setup, it would contain all the information you need.

If you can't seem to recover your Account Key the only chance would be to start over with a new account and delete the old one. If you're interested in starting over, please see these instructions.

I hope this information helps recovering your Account Key. If you need any additional assistance, please let me know. I'll be happy to help. :)

• Saeed
    Saeed
    Community Member
    Options

Thank @Roman for quick reply. unfortunately I have not printed Emergency Kit during my account setup. So, I want to start over. As instruction, Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. Now, when I open 1password, it shows me "new to 1password", so I clicked "start my trial", and it asked to enter my email. However, when I enter the email, it says "An account with this email address exists. Please go back and choose the sign-in option ...". When I go back, there is no sign in option, it is only "start my trial" option and "welcome back".

Lets consider "welcome back" is equivalent to sign-in, then if I click on "1password.com" option under "welcome back", it again needs Account key. It is really chicken and egg for me :dizzy:

so what should I do?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Saeed - I just sent you an email regarding your issue. Please get back to me there at your earliest convenience. :)

ref: GIW-87636-125

• Saeed
    Saeed
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Roman

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Saeed - You're welcome! Let me know if you need anything else. :)

• Paulame55
    Paulame55
    Community Member
    Options

I found my account key and printed my Emergency Kit. I used the scan box to add to my iPhone and iPad. Today, I entered that same account key into my laptop and it said it doesn't recognize it. What??? I did the free trial first, then after finally figuring out the account key was able to load a credit card. Did you set up a second account for me? I feel confident that this will be easy one day, but for now it seems like you make it really, really hard. Help!

• Hi @Paulame55 - Thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry for the troubles. I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. When you get a chance reply back to me and we can continue the conversation over there :-) Talk to you soon.

ref: PCI-19598-573

This discussion has been closed.