Importing .1p4_zip file to version 6.5.3

Options
Elad
Elad
Community Member

Hey,
I just created a backup of 1Password 2 months ago and saved the file as .1p4_zip
Yesterday i had to format my computer and use a new hard drive.

I'm trying to look for backup option on the new free version on 1Password, but it seems like there isn't any backup option under preferences (in order to copy the file to the right directory and import that backup)

i have more then 300 passwords on the file and it is super important to have all of them.

Please advice me how can i import them, this is the only backup i have.

Thanks in advance,
Elad

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@Elad,

It sounds to me like when you setup the new version of 1Password you signed up for a trial for a paid 1Password.com account subscription. When running under that mode several aspects of the program are no longer enabled, this includes access to the Backup tab. In order to restore from your backup archive you're going to need to:

1. Click on the advanced Tab in the preferences window
    2. Click on "allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password.com accounts
    3. Click on the newly revealed Backup Tab in the preferences window
    4. click on find backup
    5. choose that 1p4_zip file so that it brings it into the backup tab
    6. select that entry in the list on the backup tab
    7. click Restore

Keep in mind that this will log you out of the 1Password.com account, but its possible that you didn't mean to sign up for that account in the first place.

If you did mean to do that then let us know and we can help you get your data from the newly restored local copy into your account.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.