Feature ask: prevent sync of specific vaults within 1Password account

kop48
kop48
Community Member

I have multiple vaults inside my 1Password account. On some machines, I don't need all vaults synced. I cannot find a way to unsync a vault from a 1Password.com account. If this doesn't exist, please allow me to do this. :)

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 6.2.333d
OS Version: Windows 10 Insider
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Hi @kop48 - Great question! As of right now, this is not possible. You can't choose which vaults you prefer to sync over to the apps. It's a great idea so I do appreciate the feedback. I will make sure to share your request with the team. Thank you for taking the time to contact us and share your idea.

Let us know if you have any additional feedback or questions. We're always happy to listen :-) Have a fantastic day!

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Would still love this feature - having all vaults synced is a little frustrating!

• Hi @kop48,

I would be curious to know why you find it frustrating. Are you using All Vaults and finding it annoying that certain items are showing up when you aren't likely to want them? All Vaults is supposed to come with settings that allow you to choose which vaults make up All Vaults so that you can opt certain vaults out of it. 1Password for Windows seems to have not implemented this feature yet.

Here's what it looks like on the Mac app:

Would that help?

Rick

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

That's exactly what I'm looking for! There's data in shared vaults that I need secured and synced, but I don't want, nor need access all of the time.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

@kop48 Good to know that's what you need! Our Windows team is busily working on new features and improvements all the time, and improvements to the All Vaults feature is indeed on their radar :chuffed:

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Any updates on this feature? I have a very personal need for it, and would love to filter out some vaults that are shared with other family members.

• Frank
    edited May 2017

Hi @kop48 - Thank you for following up. I don't have any news to share with you at the moment but the team is definitely working on it. When we have an update or any news to share we'll make sure to update you here :+1: You can also keep on eye on our release notes. Sorry for not having a better answer at the moment but the team is working on it.

ref: OPW-432

This discussion has been closed.