Flashing screen then crash on app start

Options
365nice
365nice
Community Member
edited January 2017 in iOS

Hi - just hit a weird problem, I started the iOS app and started to search for an entry and the resulting list started to flicker and then the app crashed - thus happened consistently 4 times in a row (and it asked me to submit a crash report each time which I did).

I think I know what happened though - earlier in the day I had on my laptop, moved 400 logins from my Dropbox setup to my family setup (as I felt it was time to move everything over).

I think the app was busily syncing those entries and it didn't like me searching while it was doing that.

The 5th time I launched the app, typed nothing for 5 mins and then it seemed happy,

It's an edge case, but the app shoukdnt really crash.

I now need to check data consistency as I notice 1 item left in my Dropbox setup which I don't expect,

Tim

Comments

• 365nice
    365nice
    Community Member
    Options

I can reproduce it on my iPad as well. I've not left it to sort itself out in case three is anything you want me to do to capture more info, but I'd say it's easy to reproduce

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@365nice: Ah, interesting! We've been tracking a similar-sounding issue, and it does also seem to be related to Dropbox in some way. Would you mind sending a diagnostic report for each device? In 1Password Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings, enable App, Agile Keychain, Cloud Keychain, Crypto, Database, Dropbox, SQLite, Sync, UI Categories, UI Favorites, UI General, and UI Items. Then, once you encounter this again, send the diagnostics:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

If you'll post the Support ID you receive here, we'll take a look and see if that provides some insight into the problem. Thanks so much!

• 365nice
    365nice
    Community Member
    Options

I've submitted one from the iPhone that had the problem (but it's corrected now, so not sure if it will show anything).

I will try on my iPad which may be able to reproduce it as I didn't let it complete its sync

• Good morning Tim (@365nice). You're absolutely correct, 1Password shouldn't be crashing. Your hypothesis sounds plausible. I'll keep an eye out for your crash logs so we can fix this problem for a future update. Thanks for the info!

This discussion has been closed.