How do I activate my newly purchased "Account Key"?

apcolor
apcolor
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I just purchased 1Password for $64 for my Windows 8.1 and need to activate my new "Account Key". Prior to this, I was using the 30-day trial.

Am I expected to export my data then uninstall the trial version then install iPassword and import the data? My browser is Opera version 42.0.

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.9
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@apcolor: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The Account Key isn't something you purchase; it's part of a the account credentials for the 1Password.com subscription service. If you purchased a license for the standalone app, it isn't valid for the subscription; but we'll be happy to refund it if you purchased through the AgileBits Store within the past 30 days if you'd prefer 1Password.com instead. You may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. Let me know what you'd like to do, and we'll get things sorted out for you. :)

• apcolor
    apcolor
    Community Member

Brenty,
    Thank you for the reply! Sure, I will do as you recommend - I will start a "1Password subscription". Please refund $64.99. I will do exactly as you direct, thereafter. Thanks, again!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@apcolor: Any time! Done! You should see the refund reflected in your account in a matter of days. Just be sure to setup billing in your 1Password.com Account to keep it thawed and you should be all set. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.