1Password Crashes on opening [6.6.BETA-4 fixes the crash]

2»

Comments

• log42log42 Junior Member

installed 1Password beta-4 which starts OK which is great BUT on 1Password startup I am still getting the beta-3 Problem Report dialogue appearing. Clicking Cancel closes the dialogue but on next 1Password restart it re-appears. Shouldn't cancel remove this from future startups - seems like a bug IMHO. ;)

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@log42: You may be right. Does sending the report dismiss it at least? I'll see if I can reproduce this with BETA-3. :lol:

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member
    edited January 16

@log42,

the more likely scenario is that you have multiple problem reports queued up and the dialog for sending them only processes 1 at a time.

If you want to simply clear the slate you can navigate to ~/Library/Caches/com.plausiblelabs.crashreporter.data/com.agilebits.onepassword4/queued_reports and clear out any files that remain there.

Rudy

• log42log42 Junior Member

@rudy: That seems to be it. I just stopped and started 1Password another 4 or 5 times, cancelling each error report and now they have cleared. Thanks. :)

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

@log42,

Thanks again for reporting it, it always helps to be sure.

Rudy

• 1PW 6.6.BETA-4
    OS X 10.12.2

Still feels strange. When I open 1PW, and enter the master password, it locks a second later, and I need to enter the master password again. Perhaps it (the 1PW mini perhaps??) crashed on me in the background

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@Locker: I think you're probably correct. If 1Password mini dies, there's nothing keeping things "unlocked". If this happens to you again, please send a diagnostics report so we can investigate!

• blueskybluesky
    edited January 17

Immediately after I upgraded to 6.6.Beta-3 the other day (upon being prompted to do so), 1PW now constantly crashes on me before I can even open it. Even the crash report dialogue box disappears before I can even use it.

Would you please get me a version I can use? Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.6.Beta-3
    Extension Version: 4.6.2
    OS Version: 10.10.5
    Sync Type: wifi
    Referrer: forum-search:6.6.Beta-3 causes crashes

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

@bluesky,

It looks like you missed that we already have, we posted 6.6.BETA-4 on Saturday morning.

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4/Y

Rudy

• Thank you, I got no notification of that!

• This one crashed on me, too. But the dialogue box to report the crash remained open. I closed that and clicked to open 1 PW again, and the crash report dialogue box opened again, but this time the app opened behind that, and when I closed that, the app remained open. I have done that several times, and each time I get the same result, with the crash report dialogue box opening and the app opening behind it but not crashing when I close the dialogue box.

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

@bluesky,

It sounds like you have both 6.6.BETA-3 and 6.6.BETA-4 installed then; you're going to need to make sure you've gotten rid of 6.6.BETA-3. You may want to restart your computer after deleting beta 3 just to be sure launchd isn't still attempting to launch the stale binary.

Rudy

• I did replace the old with the new, but will restart and see if that works. Thanks.

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

Please let us know if that helps. :)

2»

Leave a Comment