To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Two accounts 1 password and forgotten masterpassword?

Options
MarianneH
MarianneH
Community Member

I hope that you can help me with my problem. I started this new year good by choosing a password manager. After a search on the web and good reviewsI choose 1 password and made an account for my family. But I didn't download the app on my Mac.

One day later I downloaded the app for Mac and changed my master password. Last week I tried to activate 1password for the members of my family. I tried to log in on the website, but my master password of the emailadres for my family doesn’t seem to work. I figured out that I have two sign in adresses with two account keys on my emailadres: an individual account and an family account. You can see it in the mail I send you.

The master password on the mac for my individual account does work and contains a lot of my passwords. I don’t want to loose this information. Your collegue Laura helped me with the emergency kit for my individual account, because I could not find it. She advised me to delete my families account. But there's a problem. I do have the emergency kit of my family account , but the master password doesn’t work!! I can't delete this account. Can you do it for me?

How do I change my individual account into a families account? And can I change the signin adress in a familiename? Or do you advise me to delete all(also my individual account) and start all over? I hope you can answer me soon. I don't want to pay for two accounts!
How do I change my individual account in a families account an do you have a manual to work with a family account? Is it possible to set the language also to
Dutch in stead of English? - I also would like know how I add members of
my family to 1password.

What do you advise? Can you help me? Thank you in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @MarianneH! I see you have a conversation about this going with Laura already, so let's keep things going there for now. :) We'll get back to you shortly.

ref: MGA-67742-669

• MarianneH
    MarianneH
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Jacob,

I had to work a lot this week. Today I tried the link you send me to delete my account, but it doesn’t work anymore. I saw that I had to click the link within 24 hours :)) Can you send me another link to delete my family account?

Thanks!
    Marianne Hagers

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

@MarianneH - I've just resent the email. :)

ref: MGA-67742-669

• MarianneH
    MarianneH
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.