iPhone Trouble

Options
joyce_hackett
joyce_hackett
Community Member

On this page https://support.1password.com/sync-with-icloud/ it tells us how to sync with iCloud. But the version of iPassword I just bought doesn't even have a Sync button. Ok, I clicked add device, scanned your doohickey out of the iPassword app and got my vault transferred, but I can't seem to get it to talk to my apps. For example: FB doesn't have your icon in the password window, to click; and, if I go to Safari, sharing, Activities, 1Password isn't listed, so I can't turn it on as advised. Help?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@joyce_hackett: It sounds like you still need to install the 1Password extension in your browser (that's the only way you'll have the 1Password toolbar button there), and you may have setup the 1Password app with a 1Password.com Account for the subscription service. Is that the case? Since this doesn't use local vaults that you need to configure to sync, there won't be a sync option in the app. Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• joyce_hackett
    joyce_hackett
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

@brenty You're right, I wanted just to sync myself with iCloud and instead, accidentally signed up for the subscription, which I don't need. How do I cancel/undo this? I went into my profile and there's an option, "Permanently Delete Account" - but won't that wipe out everything?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@joyce_hackett - It would. You'll need to move your data out of your account before you can delete it. Make sure you move the data from the Personal vault to the Primary vault. I would recommend doing so on your Mac, it's easier than on a mobile device. Once the data is safe in your Primary vault, you can delete the account.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else. I’ll be happy to help! :)

• joyce_hackett
    joyce_hackett
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Unfortunately, once again, my screen doesn't match the above instructions. I opened the program, clicked on "All Items" next to the circle of d
    ots, and then clicked on a login, and with command-A selected them all. Then clicked Item > Share. None of the things I see on your screen shot (email, print, etc) are black on my page, they're unclickable gray. And here your pic shows, underneath, the words "copy" and "save" -- I have nothing.

• Good morning @joyce_hackett. Apologies for the trouble you're seeing here. The problem is that you don't currently have a Primary vault on your Mac. To enable the Primary vault, try these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click on the 1Password 6 menu in the menu bar in the upper left corner of the screen and choose Preferences…
    3. Click on the "Advanced" tab
    4. Check the box at the bottom of that window that reads "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts"
    5. Enter your Master Password, and you should be all set.

Once you perform this step, you should be able to move all your items using the steps @Roman linked above.

After you've done that you should set up syncing using iCloud using these steps: https://support.1password.com/sync-with-icloud/

Let me know how that works out for you and if there's anything else I can do to help out.

• joyce_hackett
    joyce_hackett
    Community Member
    Options

OK! I now have the primary vault, and the sync button, and I performed the sync. And I see my primary vault on my iPhone. And I opened it up and there's all my stuff. STILL:when I click on Safari on the iPhone there's no "1Password" tab in the Activities, and, when i pull up Facebook there is no little icon to click to fill. So it's still not talking to my other apps. What else do I need to do?

• Ben
    Options

@joyce_hackett

We have a guide on enabling the 1Password extension on iOS available here:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We also have a list of apps that 1Password is compatible with available:

AgileBits Blog | Apps ❤ 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.