Quick feature request

uint64_t
uint64_t
Community Member

On Android, if you install and use Gboard (made by Google) as your keyboard, and you enable multiple input methods/languages, right to the left of the spacebar is a little globe logo. If you click it, it cycles through languages, but if you hold it, it lets you select from any of your enabled keyboards. This is perfect because I can use Gboard most of the time, and if I need to fill a password, I can quickly switch to the 1password keyboard. The problem is after this, going back to Gboard requires a trip to the Android settings app, and a whole lot of clicks. If you guys could add a button on the 1password keyboard to switch back to other keyboards, my life would be just amazing. It seems like it's not that hefty of a feature, and could save a ton of time for your Android users!

Comments

• Hey @uint64_t. I've got some good news for you. There is a shortcut built into the 1Password keyboard for quickly switching back to your preferred keyboard. Just long press the space bar from 1Password's keyboard, and you can bypass going through the settings. You can long press the space bar from the Gboard as well I believe.

Let me know if that helps! `

• uint64_t
    uint64_t
    Community Member

Yay thank you for the info! That does help me. (And Gboard works with either spacebar or the logo) As far as user interface simplicity goes, I never would have figured that out. I think here is why: I've been using spacebars for 28 years.. I know exactly what they do, so I never "explore" their use. But the world logo is new(er) to me, so I tried operating it in different ways and figured out that use. Maybe another button next to the spacebar for switching would help others to find this feature? Of course, just a suggestion :)

• Glad to hear that did the trick, @uint64_t! I will pass your feedback along to the team. We do have some plans to revisit filling and improve it. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.