Can't sync login list from Mac to new Windows 10 laptop

Options

Hi! I got a 1Password family account last summer and have been busily accumulating many logins on my Mac ever since. Today I got a Windows laptop so I could run some Microsoft software more easily. I have downloaded both 1Password 6 and 1Password 4 on this Windows laptop (which is running Windows 10), but both versions claim that I have 0 items!

I really don't want to have to start laboriously saving all my logins -- again -- and then have two slightly different sets on my two computers! I'd PREFER if they would sync automatically via my 1Password account, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Help?

Things I've tried so far:

• Exporting vault from 1Password on my Mac, saving the resulting "opvault" file to a USB stick (did not work because the Windows laptop does not recognize the stick for some reason and said it was empty)
  • Uploading the vault file to Google Drive, downloading it onto the Windows laptop (the process seems to corrupt the file -- I end up with a subfolder labeled "default" with a bunch of little 0-9 a-z files in it, but 1Password on the Windows box can't use that at all and says there's nothing valid in the folder)
  • Uploading the vault file to GitHub, downloading it onto the Windows laptop (same issue as previous bullet point)
  • Attempting to use the WLAN process to synch between the Mac and 1Password 4 on the Windows laptop (it seems maybe the WLAN process is only computer <--> smartphone, and not computer <--> computer? Anyway, both of the screens gave me a "secret," but neither one of them did anything else and my logins weren't imported!)

I'm out of ideas.

1Password Version: Mac 6, Windows 6, Windows 4
Extension Version: Mac Safari 4.6.2
OS Version: Mac OS X El Capitan, Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't sync b/t Mac and new Windows 10 box

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @leukothea,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password. Let's find out what is going on.

From what I see it seems that you are using a local vault on your Mac, not 1Password account. To get a better idea of your current setup and confirm my hunch, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, where you have your data:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• leukothea
    leukothea
    Community Member
    Options

Hi and thanks!

I've been trying to get the diagnostic email to send, but "Mail" on my Mac won't work. (My company changed away from "Mail" to "Outlook" for some reason and I can no longer connect to my old work "Mail" account -- I tried!)

So, I copy/pasted the autogenerated message into Gmail, zipping the file and attaching it to my email. But although at yesterday morning, and then re-sent it again last night, I still haven't received the auto-reply from BitBot with my Support ID number.

So I think that if the email doesn't come from the troubleshooting utility, BitBot doesn't process it. No Gmail hacks! :P

Is there a way to change what email program the diagnostic utility attempts to use?

• Hi @leukothea,

Thanks for the heads-up. We received the email and will reply as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Alex

ref: LHT-25296-412

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is there a way to change what email program the diagnostic utility attempts to use?

@leukothea: I also wanted to add this here in case it helps you or anyone else. Apple recently moved the default browser setting from Safari Preferences to System Preferences > General, but for now at least the default email client still needs to be configured -- confusingly -- from within Mail itself, in Preferences > General. Cheers! :)

• leukothea
    leukothea
    Community Member
    Options

Ooooh, thanks for that little tidbit of information! Preferences updated, not that it matters now. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome! Even if it doesn't help in this case after the fact, it may save you some aggravation later on at least when sending other emails. Cheers! :)

• leukothea
    leukothea
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Sadly, I'm one of those "lucky" people where the change to my preferred email application doesn't save properly. I have changed it from "Mail" to "Outlook" about a dozen times, and immediately upon closing Mail, the default application reverts to Mail.

That has nothing to do with 1Password, though, so forget I said anything! ;)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

@leukothea: That is really strange! I am glad that you have figured out a way to send a diagnostics report to us! :+1: By the way, have you received our last email from January 22? We are waiting for a reply from you. :)

Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.