Pin does not work

Options
Julia1971
Julia1971
Community Member

I have used 1Password on iPhone 5c. Some day the fingerprint icon appeared and worked properly. Now I use iPhone 7 and the fingerprint icon no longer appears and my pin does not work. I always have to use the master password (god heaven I still know it). Where can I set up a new pin code? Why is it not working anymore? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Julia1971: I think I may be misundertstanding. Since an iPhone 5C doesn't have a Touch ID sensor, I can't see how it would be possible for the fingerprint icon in 1Password to work at all. And as for the iPhone 7, have you enabled Touch ID in iOS and 1Password? There won't be a PIN option with Touch ID. Can you clarify? Also, which iOS and 1Password versions are you using. Thanks in advance!

• Julia1971
    Julia1971
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, my IOS is 10.2 and 1Password Version is 6.5.1
    In IOS Touch ID to unlock iPhone is on. I switched Touch ID in 1PASSWORD on. But it does not work! A window opens and says Touch ID required (I am German, so it's my translation) but when I push the home button the window disappears and I see my starting window with all Apps. When I press "cancel", which is the only option, I can type in the master keyword. Under the field for the password is the fingerprint symbol again. But pushing it has no effect.

When I was using iPhone 5c there was a fingerprint symbol under the blanks for the Pin. When I was "pushing" this symbol I didn't need to type in the Pin and 1PASSWORD unlocked. I was not using the home button. As you said iPhone 5c has no fingerprint function. Sorry for being unspecified.

I hope this information will help.
    Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Julia1971

Instead of pressing on the home button to authenticate with Touch ID please just rest your finger on the home button (do no depress it).

Please let us know how that turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.