Request: UI: Rearranging sections

(also for 1PW for IOS and other platforms)

Please add an easy way to rearrange the sections of an item. Currently it's easy to rearrange labels in a section or between sections, but not to rearrange the sections themselves. Preferably with all their sub-labels.

This will allow me to move "important" sections higher in the page, for easier access in when I call an item in PW mini, or the web browser add-on. e.g. the section that contain my OTP field, or the section contains security questions..

1Password Version: 6.6.BETA-4
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @Locker,

I can certainly see how rearranging sections of an item could be useful. Thanks for the feedback!

Rudy

• @rudy So useful there are dozens upon dozens of feature requests on the topic since +2 years, a lot of nice answers from your team... and no progress. :(
    Please listen to your customers. All UI mechanics exist already and updating the way items sections are stored to add an integer can't be that hard.

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

I've been around all that time and certainly don't recall "dozens and dozens" of requests for this. Certainly there have been more than just two, but "it can't be that hard" are my famous last words too more often than not. ;)

In all seriousness, I agree that this would be a nice feature to have. I think it's less nice if we don't roll it out across all platforms though. And ultimately if we decide to work on this, that is going to mean not doing something else. It's something I'd really like to see in 1Password myself someday, but we really need to prioritize things that will help even more people. I'm sure it will find its way up our todo list eventually, but it's a long list and we have a lot of much bigger things we need to work on in the mean time. Cherry-picking the "easy" ones seems tempting, but often its a rabbit hole.

Anyway, thanks for letting us know this is the most important feature you'd like to see in 1Password for Mac. It's absolutely something we'll keep in mind as we develop future versions. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file