To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Don't know how to migrate data in app to vault created through 1password.com

Options
anthonyjh21
anthonyjh21
Community Member

I know the title is a bit confusing, but that basically underscores where I'm at in the process and I have no clue how to fix the issue.

About a month ago I downloaded the app (Android) and began using the app for credit card storage. I quickly realized I wanted to pay for premium access and so I did. After adding over 100 cards to my app I realized I need to make sure this is backed up elsewhere in the event I switch phones (or break/lose this one). Suffice to say, I should've thought about this much sooner. Is what it is at this point.

Today I jumped on my windows PC and created a 1password account (individual) and created a default personal vault. I was able to link this vault to my app. What I cannot figure out (yes I searched) is how to either move the data in my "Primary" vault (from within my app) to the personal vault that was created today. I would like to store this offline somewhere but I do not have Dropbox.

I apologize if this is confusing or if I left any relevant information out. Any and all help on how to remedy this issue would be greatly appreciated!

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Don't even know!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

I know the title is a bit confusing, but that basically underscores where I'm at in the process and I have no clue how to fix the issue.

@anthonyjh21: No problem! That's what we're here for. :)

About a month ago I downloaded the app (Android) and began using the app for credit card storage. I quickly realized I wanted to pay for premium access and so I did. After adding over 100 cards to my app I realized I need to make sure this is backed up elsewhere in the event I switch phones (or break/lose this one). Suffice to say, I should've thought about this much sooner. Is what it is at this point.

Probably, but we'll get this sorted out. If you're using the standalone 1Password app, you'll need to backup your data. Otherwise, if you're using the 1Password.com subscription service, all of your data is stored on the server and backed up automatically. If you login to 1Password.com and see all of your data, you're all set.

Today I jumped on my windows PC and created a 1password account (individual) and created a default personal vault. I was able to link this vault to my app. What I cannot figure out (yes I searched) is how to either move the data in my "Primary" vault (from within my app) to the personal vault that was created today. I would like to store this offline somewhere but I do not have Dropbox.

It sounds like you're referring to 1Password on another device, with a Primary vault. Have you tried logging into your 1Password.com Account there? You probably just need to migrate your data over to the 1Password.com Personal vault. Can you tell me exactly which OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using?

I apologize if this is confusing or if I left any relevant information out. Any and all help on how to remedy this issue would be greatly appreciated!

I think we're on the right track. Let me know what you find and we'll go from there!

• anthonyjh21
    anthonyjh21
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me and I apologize for not responding sooner. Having two kids in diapers will do that to you!

So I went ahead and created a dropbox account. I was able to sync my "personal" vault to dropbox and I see it here on my PC (windows 10) when logged into 1password.com.

I'm now stuck at the point where I only have 1 vault (Personal) showing in my 1password.com account. The problem I'm still having is my "Primary" vault - the one created solely within my android app - has 99% of the credit card information stored on it. I added a few credit cards to my personal vault just to see if they'd show up properly here in my 1password online account and they do. So now I need to figure out how to move the data from my primary to my personal so that I'm not at risk of losing this precious data while also allowing myself the opportunity to switch phones in the future.

Thanks again for your continued help!

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @anthonyjh21 - Your timing couldn't be better, we just released an update to our Android app yesterday that allows you to easily move items between vaults. So please make sure you update to the latest version. I don't have any Android-specific screenshots and instructions yet, but it works similar to how it works on iOS. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else. :)

• anthonyjh21
    anthonyjh21
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed! Thanks for your help. Was able to hold and highlight each item, several at a time, and just copy them over. Everything is good to go now.

• Hi @anthonyjh21 - On behalf of @Roman, you're very welcome :-) I'm glad everything worked out. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions. Have a fantastic day!

This discussion has been closed.