Is it possible to save a login for a specific browser?

Options
jakegoat
jakegoat
Community Member

Interested in whether it's possible to save a specific browser per login?

There are certain browsers that are better for certain sites and associating a particular browser / application with a login would be amazing.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:browser

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jakegoat,

Thanks for writing in with your question! 1Password doesn't currently have an option to assign a specific browser to a Login item, although I can see how that might be helpful in some situations.

However, even without that feature, it's easy to open a Login item in a non-default browser: If you have the 1Password extension installed in the other browser, just open that browser and select the Login item from the 1Password extension.

I hope that helps! If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. :)

ref: OPM-2808

• jakegoat
    jakegoat
    Community Member
    Options

Understood and I'm just being greedy... Because I use 1Password mini extensively with the awesome ⌥⌘\ keyboard shortcut I'm limited to the default browser!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @jakegoat,

Because I use 1Password mini extensively with the awesome ⌥⌘\ keyboard shortcut I'm limited to the default browser!

You can still use the awesome ⌥⌘\ keyboard shortcut while you're also using the non-default browser of your choice. :)

• jakegoat
    jakegoat
    Community Member
    Options

You mean the keyboard shortcut works on whichever browser is open and active, and only if there's no browser then it's the default? I'll try that in practice over the next few days - thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jakegoat,

You mean the keyboard shortcut works on whichever browser is open and active, and only if there's no browser then it's the default?

Yep, that's basically it. :+1:

⌥⌘\ is the default keyboard shortcut for Show 1Password mini. Most browser-related actions from mini happen in whichever browser is currently active (if the 1Password extension is installed). Otherwise they'll attempt to use the default browser.

I'll try that in practice over the next few days - thanks!

I hope it works well when the browser you want to use with 1Password is open/active before opening mini. :)

You could also add tags (e.g. browser name) to Login items to help more easily identify ones you'll be using with non-default browsers.

This discussion has been closed.