Another vote for Linux support

pjnagel
pjnagel
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Business and Teams

Hi,

First off, thank you. 1Password for Teams has really been a huge help in improving our company security.

However, our most important services run on, are developed on, and are accessed from, Linux machines (Ubuntu). So a lot of us use 1Password for Teams solely through the web console, and needing to go and manually search for password entries, then copy&paste the username and password creates a bit of friction.

I'm worried that the friction may lead people into bad security habits where they prefer bad passwords they can remember over strong passwords they have to dig out of 1Password.

Our passwords aren't solely limited to websites, we need to type them for SSH logins and into in-house Java Swing apps too. So it would be kick-ass to have a standalone 1Password for Teams app on Linux that can do auto-type into arbitrary windows, not just browser windows.

AgileBits Update, 6-Jul-2017:

Hello everyone! We've started beta testing a new addition to our 1Password family: a brand new Chrome extension made especially for our Linux and Chrome OS users! To learn about how you can be invited to this private beta testing, please see this announcement:

A Present for Chrome OS and Linux Users

Cheers! :smile:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @pjnagel! Thanks for using 1Password Teams. I'm glad to hear your company is enjoying it. :) A Linux app is certainly something that's had a lot of interest. At the moment we simply don't have the resources to develop it, but it's something we'd like to in the future for more advanced folks. Auto-type is something that would come along later down the Linux development road as well, so for the foreseeable future I'd say keep using 1Password.com. I don't want to rule out a Linux app being created, it's just not something we can prioritize right now.

This discussion has been closed.