Bug when opening dropdown menus in 1Password Mini window

ckgaparajita
ckgaparajita
Community Member
  1. Open 1Password Mini and select an item.
  2. Anchor the window so it floats by itself.
  3. Click on a dropdown arrow and hold the mouse down (like the one next to the password field).
  4. The window moves with the mouse, which is of course unexpected behavior.

Screen capture here: https://we.tl/X59P8zElS3

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: macOS 10.12.3 Beta (16D30a)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ckgaparajita

Thank you very much for taking the time to report the bug in so much detail, it made it very easy to reproduce and and see what's going on. The fact that you're still able to move the window is expected behavior with an anchored window, you should be able to grab it "anywhere" and move it. However, the fact that the details in the drop down menu stay open and not moving is indeed a bug, thank you for helping us find it :chuffed: I'll pass the report along to our developers!

• ckgaparajita
    ckgaparajita
    Community Member

Perhaps you missed the point. From a UX standpoint, the anchored window should most definitely not move when I am dragging through a dropdown menu. Both the menu and the windows should stay put until the mouse is released. The last thing you want to do is move both the window and the menu during a drag, as that would prevent the user from selecting an item in the menu after they have explicitly clicked with that intention.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ckgaparajita

I'm sorry if there's been some confusion here, if you want to use the drop down menu while the window is anchored you don't need to drag your mouse without releasing. Just click (without keeping it pressed) on the arrow and find the option that you need. You'll find that the menu stays open until you've clicked somewhere else. The dropdown menu won't disappear even if you take the arrow out of the menu itself and will only do so after you've clicked either in the menu or outside if you've changed your mind about using it.

Please let us know if you try this and if it works well :chuffed:

• ckgaparajita
    ckgaparajita
    Community Member

Of course I realize I don't have to hold the mouse button down.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks again for reporting this issue! I'm sorry for any confusion over that - I think it was just a simple misunderstanding on both sides. The anchored mini window should be drag-able from most "unused" areas, but not when clicking on the arrow to open a drop-down menu. And of course the menu options shouldn't become separated from the window, but then again, those menu options shouldn't be open/visible while dragging the window in the first place. So I think we're all on the same page here, and maybe just saying the same thing in different ways. :)

We're here for you if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.