OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:edit vault name mac app

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@bostonira create a new vault with the name you want, move all relevant items to it and delete the old vault? You may then need to set up sync preferences for the new vault, of course.

Stephen

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bostonira

Stephen's suggestions is a good idea if you have local vaults :chuffed: However, if you have a 1Password.com account I have great news for you! Just sign into 1Password in your browser and click on the pencil icon on the vault you want to edit:

Note that you won't be able to change the name of your Personal vault, that one is fixed :chuffed:

Please let us know if you have any questions and how this goes for you!

• gairhumiston
    gairhumiston
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Pilar. What do you mean that the "Personal" vault is fixed? Why can't I change that name if I want to only have one vault and I do not want that name? Also, is this is only way to get support (hope that my question or issue has previously been asked by a inquiring user AND that someone has adequately answered the question or call for help? There is no real tech support per se even though this is a paid for service?

• notlad
    notlad
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @gairhumiston,

There has been a lot of discussion around renaming the Primary/Personal vault, so the AgileBits team is definitely aware of this request. As of right now, though, it's not possible to change the name of the Primary/Personal vault.

This forum is a great way to get support because you can search for similar issues that have already been posted, but you could also send an email to support@1password.com.

I hope this helps!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I recently read this in the release notes of the Windows (6.3 build 370) Beta:

1Password will accept the different names for Personal and Shared vaults from 1Password.com servers rather than hardcoded to "Personal" and "Shared".

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW6

So it may come soon?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@XIII, that certainly seems to allow for the possibility, although I don't know for sure if that's the plan. If it is, that doesn't necessarily mean it's happening soon. We can't promise anything one way or another, and don't have any sort of timeframe for features that may or may not happen.

Sorry for such a vague answer, I just don't have any solid information about it right now! :)

This discussion has been closed.