Shared vault file shows a Zero Bytes, yet data is still visible in 1Password

z_jerry
z_jerry
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Mac

In 2014, an associate created a vault (let's call it Vault X) using the Windows version of 1Password. Vault X is shared using Dropbox. Several of us have access to the shared file. Sharing/Sync has been working fine since 2014, but last week (I think after the latest 1Password update), I got a 1Password message that sync was not set up correctly for Vault X (apologies; don't remember the exact message).

Went into 1Password Preferences- -> Sync. Vault X shows that it is syncing with None. If I navigate to the shared vault file, I can select it. I then get a message about 'Creating' the Vault. If I say 'yes' to creating, the preferences sync window shows the association with the shared vault file. If I close the dialog and reopen it, Vault X is once again shown as syncing with None.

The actual vault file (of type .agilekeychain), has a file size of zero bytes. I can, however, still select Vault X from within 1Password and the data shows up correctly. Thinking there must be another vault file somewhere, I searched the filesystem for both .agilekeychain and .opvault files. There are none I wouldn't expect to find.

So, three questions... (1) Is there any way I can determine where the data for what was the shared vault is currently residing given the vault file is zero bytes long, (2) is there any way I can export the data just for just Vault X from wherever it is so I can recreate the vault from scratch?, and (3) is there anything else we can/should do to restore the share?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @z_jerry. Thanks for getting in touch! It sounds like this will need some more looking into.

Please send us a Diagnostic Report from the Mac with the reported symptoms and - ideally - from one of the Windows machines accessing the Agile Keychain file as well:

Instructions for Mac
    Instruction for Win

Then attach the report files with an email to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your diagnostics report in the forum, and do include a link to this discussion and your forum username in the email.

You'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a support ticket ID. Please post that ticket ID here so we can track down your email with the report more quickly and suggest what to do next.

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.