There is no application set to open the URL blob:https://my.1password.com/...

Options
bkb
bkb
Community Member

I have the application 1Password 6 Version 6.5.3 (653000) AgileBits Store installed as well as the Safari Extension 4.6.2. Whenever I open my NOTES application I get the pop up that says There is no application set to open the URL blob:https://my.1password.com/xxx where xxx is a long alpha numeric id. I have uninstalled the safari extension and reinstalled it. The problem does not go away. I seen other people have a similar pop up with something called Alfred, which I do not have. This pop up only comes up when I open the notes app.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: Agilebits website sync
Referrer: forum-search:There is no application set to open the URL blob:https://my.1password.com

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bkb,

That's very unusual! I don't know how something like that could happen, but we'll do our best to help you figure it out.

Does that message appear after opening the Notes app, or is that what you see when trying to launch the Notes app? Once you dismiss the message, does Notes work correctly? If you can't launch Notes because of that error, how exactly do you try to open the Notes app? For example, do you click the Notes icon in the Dock, or do you use Spotlight to search for & open Notes, or do you go to the Applications folder and double-click on it from there?

If you aren't already doing so, please open the Applications folder on your Mac, find Notes.app in there, and double-click on it. Do you get the error message again?

• bkb
    bkb
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. About 3-6 seconds after I open my Notes app, I get the message. When I open the app, i see the little spinner icon showing notes are syncing with iCloud and then as soon as the spinner stops, the message pops up. It happens whether I open the app from the dock, or if I open the applications folder and open from there, or even from Spotlight.
    After dismissing the message notes will work and sync fine to all my devices until I close it. I get the message only when first opening the app. I sync with two iPhones, iCloud, two iPads and two computers. I get the message on both computers, but not on any iOS devices. Is there some log file that could identify the issue?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bkb,

This sounds like a symptom of your 1Password Emergency Kit being a Notes app attachment. That's what it turned out to be with a similar report here last month:

Blob error on MacOS just after log-in [1Password.com account Emergency Kit was a Notes attachment]

The message should go away after you locate and delete the attachment in Notes that's triggering it.

Be sure to let us know if that doesn't do the trick so we can help you with further investigation. :)

• dtw2dc
    dtw2dc
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing happened to me. I searched notes for anything related to 1password and a note called "App Store" appeared, noting else in the note. I don't remember creating it, I deleted it and the problem has got away.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for reporting this, @dtw2dc.

If you shared the Emergency Kit with Notes from Safari that might have been how the note with the attachment was created, something like:

I'm not sure why that note would have been titled App Store, though. Glad you were able to track it down and get rid of it. :)

This discussion has been closed.