OS X Behind Corp Proxy, cannot sync my 1p vault. I get the error NSURLErrorDomain error -1001

mhdevita
mhdevita
Community Member

Like the title says, i am on the latest version of 1password but when i try to sign in to my.1password.com and add my vault i get the errorNSURLErrorDomain error -1001.

We use a corporate proxy here from BlueCoat and i have my proxy info defined and it seems to work fine as i can reach the web via safari/chrome.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: my.1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:proxy

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mhdevita

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble accessing your 1Password data while using a Proxy. I think some fine tuning in your configuration will be needed, but to be able to give you the best advice about this, I'd like to ask you to send us a Diagnostics Report please :chuffed:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• mhdevita
    mhdevita
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

i am trying to run the troubleshooter but it hangs on creating diagnostic report. I've let it run for 30 minutes or so...

I know on windows there was a gear icon i clicked on to type in my proxy username and password and it was able to then sync fine. However there was no gear icon on the mac version.

I am on 6.5.3 on the mac.

edit: nevermind it just finished, i am sending the diag report to you now.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @mhdevita! Once you receive the automated response from BitBot, just let us know the support ID number from that email so we can track it down. :)

• mhdevita
    mhdevita
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

@Drew_AG, i still haven't gotten an email. Maybe my corporate email is blocking it?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mhdevita,

I tried searching in our system for the email address from your forum account, but I wasn't able to find your email & diagnostics report. If you sent it from that email address, it looks like we never received it, which would explain why you didn't get a response from BitBot. You could try sending the report from a different email address if possible, or maybe check the 'Sent' and/or 'Drafts' folder in your email to see if it was actually sent. If it turns out the email is being blocked, perhaps you could copy that diagnostics report to a different device and send it from there?

• mhdevita
    mhdevita
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

i just resent this today and still haven't gotten a reply, can you check again it would be coming from [address removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum]

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@mhdevita - We received your email. Looking into it right now. I will follow up via email. :)

ref: ZDH-32396-855

• mhdevita
    mhdevita
    Community Member

thanks Roman.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• mhdevita
    mhdevita
    Community Member

any thoughts yet, still haven't gotten an email reply yet and i am really itching to get this to work for my job as I am moving from Dashlane business to 1p.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mhdevita,

I'm sorry you haven't heard back yet! But we're definitely looking into this, and someone will get back to you via email soon. Thanks for your patience while we work to figure out what's going on! :)

ref: ZDH-32396-855

• mhdevita
    mhdevita
    Community Member

can someone reply to my email so i can make sure its not going to spam box?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@mhdevita - We'll reply to your email soon, please allow some more time to figure out what's going on. I'll make sure to post here too when a reply is sent, so you shouldn't miss it :)

This discussion has been closed.