Bought app years ago but now getting message about account being frozen

This discussion was created from comments split from: I bought the $70 app but now it says I am on trial mode.

Comments

• kellypettit
    kellypettit
    Community Member

Hi, I bought through iTunes a long time ago as well. Before family plans. I have 1password on my imac and iPhone. i don't share it. But now it says I have a trial plan. Weird. How do I let it know who I am and that I paid?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kellypettit,

It sounds like you may have recently signed up for a free trial of a 1Password.com account, which is a subscription service we introduced in 2016. If you made a purchase a long time ago, that was probably for a license for the standalone 1Password app for your Mac or for your iPhone. A 1Password.com account is separate from any license you may have previously purchased. I'm sorry for any confusion about that! We have more information about that here: The difference between a 1Password subscription and a standalone license

If you want to continue using a 1Password.com account, you'll need to add a credit card to that account, as explained here: How to manage your 1Password subscription

Does that help to explain why you're seeing a message about a trial? If so, and you didn't understand what you were signing up for, I apologize for the confusion. If you want to go back to using a license instead of an account, just let us know and we'll be happy to help you with that. :)

• kellypettit
    kellypettit
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, looking at the receipt I've kept, I purchased 1password through iTunes when it was v4.4.1 . I was able to sync it with my iPhone as well. What is a bit confusing still is have you stopped the option of me carrying it on my mac and iPhone unless I change my account over to the subscription? I don't need it on any other devices. Just the 2. I was doing that before. If I can still do it, is there a tutorial that explains what to do? Thanks for your time and happy New Year.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kellypettit

You can for sure keep on using 1Password only with local vaults if you want. I'm a bit confused at which of your devices your having trouble with. Is it your iPhone? If so, it might be easiest to delete 1Password app from it, download it again and pick your data directly from whatever syncing method you're using. Is it iCloud? If so you can pick the option directly from the home screen and start syncing. If I missed anything about your configuration or you find any trouble please give us as many details as you can and we'll help you get it all sorted out :chuffed:

• kellypettit
    kellypettit
    Community Member

Hello. So here's the latest thing with 1password that is confusing me. My Chrome browser 1password extension (and maybe everything 1password - I don't know) is frozen and says I must subscribe to unlock it. Now, I have been using this extension for well over a year or maybe 2. Why now, does it not work? More so, When I paid for 1password many years ago, it was a 1 time fee. That fee let me use 1password on my iMac and share with the 1password app on my iPhone and also, the browser extension worked, too. I purchased via iTunes years ago (I didn't know at the time there was another way). What's happening? How do I get these things to work together again? I love 1password but I feel I'm getting pushed into a corner of having to pay more money when I was told at the time it was a one time fee. Thank you :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kellypettit,

I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your messages to a separate forum thread so we can focus on this specific issue. Sorry to hear you're still having some trouble!

If you're seeing a message about your 1Password account being frozen, that's referring to the account you signed up for on 1Password.com (probably in the last month or so). As I explained previously, a 1Password.com account is a subscription service we introduced in 2016. That's a new way to purchase & use 1Password, and it's separate from any previous purchases you may have made.

If you purchased 1Password over a year ago, that purchase was for the standalone 1Password app for Mac or for iOS, and did not include a 1Password.com account. When using the standalone app, your data is only stored locally on each device unless you sync it with a third party sync service such as Dropbox or iCloud.

So what happened is that you had been using the standalone 1Password apps for Mac and iOS for a couple years or so, and then you recently signed up for a free account trial on 1Password.com. After the free account trial ended, your account became frozen, and that's why you're seeing a message about that now.

There are many benefits to subscribing to a 1Password.com account, but we certainly aren't trying to force you to do that - and again, I apologize for any confusion! If you don't want to pay for a subscription, you can absolutely go back to using the 1Password apps without an account. You would just need to move your data from your account vault to a local/Primary vault, and then remove the account from the 1Password app. If that's what you decide to do and need some help to do it, please let us know, and we'll be happy to give you more specific steps. :)

• kellypettit
    kellypettit
    Community Member

Really appreciate your kind email Drew_AG and you guys have exceptional customer service. Thank you for enlightening a thick head like mine. 1password honestly has become one of my everyday go to apps on my iPhone and it holds everything important to me in it. I'm between jobs at the moment so i'm going to stick with the old way of using it for now but will consider the benefits of a subscription. I will try to move back to a Primary vault on my own but be forewarned I may have be knocking again. lol Thank you.

• donna_spiked
    donna_spiked
    Community Member

HI Folks, I have been out of the loop with the upgrades and standalone option. Can you set me straight please.....I purchased 2 years ago from agilebits (29.99) and I was able to access from my Mac laptop, Mac desktop, iPad and Android. Right now, when I sing not my laptop I can get into the system, however I am not able to get this information on my Android. It no longer works like it used to work and I can't get into anything. What I would like to do is to be able to have 1Password on all my devices. I just upgraded to 1Password 6 a short time ago. Can I simply upgrade my account?? As always, thanks for your outstanding customer service. Cheers~

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kellypettit

On behalf of Drew you're so very welcome! If you need any help moving some things around, we're always here for you :chuffed:

If you ever want to go back to your account, it will be waiting for you! ;)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @donna_spiked

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. The easiest way for you to get 1Password working across all your platforms is a 1Password.com account. You can read everything about them here and try one out for free for one month if you want to! I think you'll very much enjoy it if you do!

That being said, what exactly happens when you try to get your information in Android? You should be able to still use 1Password as you always have. If you give us some more details of what you're seeing, including the OS version and 1Password version of your different devices we'll be glad to help you sort it all out :chuffed:

• donna_spiked
    donna_spiked
    Community Member

Hi Pilar...Makes sense. Will all the information I have stored in my standalone 1Password be transferred to the 1Password.com account? Also, I am using Dropbox as a third party sync service for my Android. Everything is still stored, but none of the passwords are working for some reason. Everything is up to date (Dropbox and 1Password). Thanks......

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @donna_spiked

If you decide you want to try a 1Password.com account you will be able to transfer all your data right away. Actually 1Password will ask you if you want to do so when you add it ;) If for any reasons you feel like the account is not your thing you can always go back to using 1Password the way you are now and transfer your data back. You'll just have to sign into your account on your different devices.

About your Android problem, I think a Diagnostics Report would help us see what might be causing that problem. It for sure sounds pretty annoying!

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• kellypettit
    kellypettit
    Community Member

Hello. I really need some step by step help to go back to using the 1Password apps without an account. I know I need to move my data from my account vault to a local/Primary vault, and then remove the account from the 1Password app. But I can't seem to do this on my own. Sorry to ask for help on this. Is there a link that shows step by step for this? Hope you can help. Thank you very much.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kellypettit,

I'm sorry it took some extra time to get back to you! You can find the steps to move back to a local/Primary vault here: How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

The process should be fairly easy, but if you run into any trouble or have questions about it, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.