how to see passwords instead of the dots

Options
lulemiroat
lulemiroat
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Mac

after entering password for my different sites How do I see them without the dots

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:after I put my password in and tap save what do I tap to retrieve it so I can see it?

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lulemiroat

Thanks for taking a moment to learn some more about 1Password! If you want to be able to read a password you can click on "Reveal" on the drop down menu that appears when you click the arrow by "Copy". This screenshot will help you:

This should work for you whether you're using the 1Password extension on your browser or the main app. If you're using the extension then you'll barely ever need to see your passwords at all, 1Password will do it all for you ;)

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• lulemiroat
    lulemiroat
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You. I do wish that password would have some sit which people, who do not have a lot of knowledge about computers, like me could use.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lulemiroat,

On behalf of Pilar, you're very welcome! I also wanted to mention that you can hold down the option key on your keyboard to temporarily see the passwords. Or if you want to always see your passwords instead of the dots, open the main 1Password app, go to the View menu, and disable the option for Conceal Passwords.

If you need help learning how to use 1Password, please be sure to check out our support site here: https://support.1password.com/

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have more questions about 1Password - we're always happy to help! :)

• lulemiroat
    lulemiroat
    Community Member
    Options

After purchasing the 1password app how do I put the app on my desktop. Usually the apps automatically appear but not this one. What do I need to do? Thank You

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lulemiroat

Have you downloaded 1Password? If you haven't you can get it here: https://1password.com/downloads/. If you have installed 1Password you can access it either using the Launchpad or typing "1Password" on spotlight search. If you want to keep it handy you can right click on the 1Password icon on the menu bar, go to "Options" and then "Keep in dock". If you meant something different from either of those options please let us know a few more details and we'll be glad to guide you through 1Password :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.