I moved my 1P to a new Mac, but my IOS phone says it cannot find the computer on the WAN network

Options
walter_critz
walter_critz
Community Member

I replaced my old MacBook with a newer one, and migrated 1P successfully using a backup disk. Now I am not able to sync my iPhone or iPad to the Mac using WAN as I had in the past. The IOS devices say they find no computer on the WAN.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: na
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: WAN
Referrer: forum-search:I moved my 1P to a new Mac, but my IOS phone says it cannot find the computer on the WAN network

Comments

• walt_critz
    walt_critz
    Community Member
    Options

I replaced my MacBook with a newer model and moved 1P successfully using a backup disk. Now I am unable to use WAN to sync my iPhone and iPad as I had in the past. The IOS devices say they are unable to find a computer on the WAN

1Password Version: 6.5.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
    Sync Type: WAN
    Referrer: forum-search:Not able to sync 1P on my new Mac using WAN for my IOS devices

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@walter_critz you may find this troubleshooting article helpful:

If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

Stephen

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@walt_critz you have posted in two separate threads about the same problem. Please see my reply in your other thread.

Stephen

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @walter_critz

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. I've merged both your posts so we can help you better :chuffed:

I hope that Stephen's link helps shed some light onto this. Additionally, do you get any error from your computer? Are you able to see the secret code on your computer when you go to Preferences and then WLAN server?

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get 1Password sorted out for you soon :chuffed:

• walt_critz
    walt_critz
    Community Member
    Options

Stepnen_C - Thank you for your response, which pointed out some changes in the firewall settings and computer name that I needed to make. So far no luck, though.
    Pilar: Thank you for your response as well. I did not get any error message from my computer, and I did see the secret code on the computer but not my IOS devices.

• walt_critz
    walt_critz
    Community Member
    Options

Success! I was able to get synching once I made the changes that Stephen_C suggested followed by a restart of both my computer and my iPhone.
    Thank you for your assistance!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @walt_critz

It's great news to hear that Stephen's advice and the article helped you, and that you got it all sorted out! I hope that everything goes well with your new computer and with 1Password for you from now on, but if you need help with anything else, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.