In changing sync services to iCloud on two Macs, do not wish to merge vaults

Options
UpSide
UpSide
Community Member

I'm in the process of moving sync services from Dropbox to iCloud. I've changed the vault location on one Mac (iMac), and I've also set up sync with iCloud successfully on an iPad. Now I want to sync a MacBook, which currently is trying to sync with the old Dropbox account (actually, None, since the Dropbox is gone). When I change the sync services to iCloud on the MacBook, after authorizing the account, I get a note saying that now the two vaults (the Macbook and the iMac) will be merged. But I really want to to just replace the Macbook vault with the iMac one. Is that possible? And if not, when I merge, will I get duplicates?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Cap and Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:switching sync services, but do not wish to merge vaults on two macs

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @UpSide,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! Merging should not duplicate your items - that just compares both copies of the vault (i.e. the one stored locally on the MacBook and the one in iCloud) and updates both with any changes that may have been made to either one, so they match.

However, if all your latest data is in 1Password on your iMac and in iCloud, you can certainly replace the data you currently have on the MacBook:

1. Open the main 1Password app on your MacBook.
    2. If 1Password is not already locked, lock the app by clicking the padlock in the upper right corner.
    3. Choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and follow the on-screen instructions.
    4. The next time you launch 1Password 6 on the MacBook, you should see a 'Welcome' screen, and can choose to sync your data from iCloud.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.