To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I continue to sync my original vault with my subscription vault (details of situation below)?

Options
ziggy6894
ziggy6894
Community Member

For years I have had the traditional setup of OnePassword: one time license fee for desktop app and one time iOS peo upgrade license fee. I saved everything in a vault labeled Primary and iCloud would sync between devices. Recently I added a subscription account also. Upon doing so I was given the option to import everything from my 'Primary Vault' to my new subscription vault. However, I would like to continue to use my 'Primary Vault' as the original save location and have set the devices and Macs to default save to 'Primary.' Since the time i was given the option to import everything to the subscription vault (when I first added that account) I have not been offered or been able to find a way to sync the new data added to my 'Primary Vault' to my subscription vault. Can someone please tell how, if it is possible, I can do this?

Thank you for your time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ziggy6894 - Thank you for contacting us. Great question! You always have the option to move data between vaults using 1Password on your Mac. The problem is syncing the new data you add to your Primary vault.

In order for everything to stay in sync with your 1Password.com account, any new data has to be added to the Personal vault. In your specific use case, you will have to remember what new items were added or changed then you will have to move them over to your Personal vault in order for everything to sync to your new 1Password.com account -

https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/#to-move-items-in-the-apps

One of the benefits of signing up for a 1Password.com account is we take care of all the syncing for you. Is there a specific reason you didn't want to move everything over to your Personal vault? Let me know if this helps and if you have any additional questions.

Have a fantastic day!

• ziggy6894
    ziggy6894
    Community Member
    Options

Frank
    Thank you for your reply. There was no specific reason besides that it's worked so well for years. If I start saving all new additions to my personal vault is there a way to sync that to my primary vault so I have a locally stored copy?

• Hi @ziggy6894 - You're very welcome :-) Unfortunately no, the two vaults are separate there is no way to keep the two in sync without remembering to copy any new items over to your Primary vault. With your new 1Password.com account we also take care of all the backups for you.

If you really want to create a local backup, you always have the option to export your data -

https://support.1password.com/export/

Keep in mind when you export your data from 1Password it's no longer encrypted. I would recommend saving the file onto an encrypted hard drive and keeping it in safe & secure location. Let me know if you have any further questions, I'll be happy to help.

Have a fantastic day!

This discussion has been closed.