I just noticed having problems syncing my MBPro w/ my DropBox!

Options
mjamg
mjamg
Community Member

Last night I entered a new item into my 1PW on my Mac Book Pro, running OS X El Capitan, 10.11.6 (15G1212) and noticed on other Macs, iPhones, it did not sync to my 1PW file on Drop Box. I checked the sync set up in "preferences" and all looks o.k., it even says it synced "4 minutes ago!" I know it's not working because I set up a "test" entry on my other Mac (hooked to (allegedly) the same Drop Box file location) and it's not showing up on my MBPro (again, even after it says it "synced" 4 minutes ago)... Help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:syncing

Comments

• mjamg
    mjamg
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, BTW, my 1PW details are: 1Password 6, Version 6.5.3 (653000).

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@mjamg have you tried the troubleshooting steps in this knowledge base article?

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Stephen

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mjamg

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with Dropbox sync. The link that Stephen posted is the best starting point :chuffed: With some luck it will solve the issue, but even if it doesn't it will give us a pretty good starting point and view of what's going on so we can go forward! Please let us know what you find out when you go through these steps and whether we need to dig deeper to get this sorted out!

@Stephen_C It's great to see you around! Thanks for chiming in around here :chuffed:

• mjamg
    mjamg
    Community Member
    Options

Thx. to Stephen & Pilar! Yes, I started with the link you noted, and searched several strings, to no avail. However, after simply deleting the link to my DropBox (essentially turning it off, and then on again in "Preferences," "Sync"), it reconnected, merged and all is well. Thanks again for the attempts to assist! Mike

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, I'm glad sync is working now! Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. Hopefully it continues to work properly for you from now on, but if you run into more problems or have any questions, we're here for you. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.