Purchased 1password from Apple Store but now being told that I have to subscribe to activate

I don't want a subscription. I feel this is a classic "bait and switch", as the same version I just purchased is still for sale at the Apple Store, and there is no mention of a subscription.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

You don't need a subscription. 1PW can be used with a one-time purchase. It's the same program in both cases, but there are two ways of setting it up initially.

You can either set up an account, which is the subscription version, or continue without an account, which is the one-time purchase.

Might be simplest to delete 1PW and all its data, and start again, choosing to continue without an account at the initial setup.

Mind you, there are reasons why you might want the subscription, see https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest for details.

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @MPMIII - Thank you for contacting us. I noticed you're working with Laura so let's continue the conversation over there. I appreciate the additional details you sent over in your last reply. We'll get this squared away for you shortly. Sorry for the delay.

ref: HXX-95854-196

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @danco - Thank you for the assistance - Have a fantastic day! :-)

This discussion has been closed.