Easy to sync MacBk Pad Phone in US but how does it work when Net connection iffy when traveling?

grispass
grispass
Community Member

I know I need a password manager. I understand 1password would work in the US, especially if I had all 3 (MacBk, Pad, Phone) with me and a good Net connection. But I travel a lot, sometimes with just iPhone and iPad. Or even just one of them. Sometimes to places where Net connection is iffy. If I need to access a password or change one of the road, for instance the iPad, can 1Password always find or even change a password with no Net access? I've put "iOS" as category as I assume it would work if I had the MacBook. But the the iPad or iPhone alone?

1Password Version: have not got yet
Extension Version: have not got yet
OS Version: Mac OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: iffy
Referrer: forum-search:travel

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @grispass,

Thanks for your question! Your 1Password data is stored locally on each device, so it will work even if you don't have an internet connection (although changes won't sync from one device to the others until you're connected again). You can test this if you want - simply put your iPhone or iPad in airplane mode, then open the 1Password app.

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. :)

• grispass
    grispass
    Community Member

Thanks so much. I'm getting the idea!
    A related question: if I had to use a friend's computer in an emergency and had no access to mine is there any way to get a password? Under the old system I might remember my simple insecure "fido22" type of password but not your long more secure ones.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@grispass: If you're using the 1Password.com subscription service, you can access your data through the web interface, though we do caution against accessing sensitive information on a machine you do not control. You'll just need your login credentials, and you can use your Emergency Kit or a mobile device for that purpose. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.